Finding Bunny is a roadmap to actively work on well-being in the classroom and to create an emotional language in the classroom and school that you will all use well beyond the programme. It provides children with a well-being foundation early on and the message to children and parents is strong - well-being begins in Reception.
This also destigmatizes well-being and positive mental health and becomes part of what children learn at school.
When children feel safe and secure they feel comfortable talking and sharing. We are looking to create an environment where children are able to talk readily and freely about their feelings and are able to ask for help.
The Finding Bunny well-being programme creates class cohesion and helps children to see their class group as their community - to not only give each child a sense of connection but to help children support each other and build empathy between them. We can only do this when we practice and talk about how we relate to each other, how we talk to each other, how we play together, how we repair our friendships when things go wrong, and how we manage conflict amongst ourselves.
We want to embed that freedom into children to own and express their specialness and individuality without shame or arrogance. It’s that positivity that will build positive mental health.
Finding Bunny is a well-being programme that is run in the classroom by the teacher. There are 6 sessions with accompanying teacher guidelines, all activity sheets and resources for each session, accompanying slides for every session to bring the programme to life and there are parent videos after each session.
The school will also receive:
- An Author Reading Session - Esther Marshall, Author of the Sophie Says book series and school education workshops, will create a wonderful and engaging Zoom Author Reading Session for your class. The teacher will choose between the Sophie Says books: Sophie Says I Can I Will, Sophie Says It's Okay Not To Be Okay and Sophie Says Be Proud Of Who You Are. Each book carries a different theme and message, this will be discussed and chosen with you prior to the Author Reading. Each session is tailored and adapted to the age of the children in the class. Early Years, Reception, KS1 and KS2.
- The Sophie Says book collection (this includes x1 Sophie Says I Can I Will, x1 Sophie Says It's Okay Not To Be Okay, x1 Sophie Says Be Proud Of Who You Are).
- The Sophie Says Let's Play colouring and activity book for each child in the class.
- Access to our Feelings Session - The session gives teachers and children the skills and tools for positive mental health and to understand what makes them feel different emotions in a fun and engaging way. The session includes full teacher guidelines, accompanying slides and resources, worksheets and display resources.
- Access to our Safe Corner - This lesson plan with activity provides all the resources for you to create your own safe corner either at school or at home.
After booking please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can organise the date and time for your Author Reading Session.
Making life’s most important lessons fun to learn…
Whether you’re a parent looking for a book that will both delight your child and help you navigate some of the trickier conversations around topics such as mental health, a teacher/educator trying to find useful resources or a conscious gift-giver, we’ve got something for everyone here.
Opens up tricky conversations around mental health and gender
Powers self-belief and helps children feel like they can achieve their dreams
Drives inclusion, empathy and understanding for people from all walks of life